For grades 5-8
Here are 55 short stories from around the world to help young Catholics connect with the social, environmental, and economic problems of children around the globe. It encourages students to accept and think of these children as sisters and brothers.
In addition, this book offers:
- instructions for using the stories with Catholic Social Teachings
- specific activities for students to explore issues of hunger and child labor
Samples of stories in this book:
– One Hundred Welcomes: A Story of Iraq
– Tiny Knots and Heavy Chains: A Story from India
– The Performance: A Story from Ukraine
– To Believe Again: A Story from Sudan
– La Virgin de Dolores: A Story from Mexico
– The Playground: A Story from Sri Lanka
*** For kid friendly definitions of Catholic Social Teachings click here.